Based in Round Rock, TX, DataMax is seeking a C# .NET Software Engineer
with broad experience in designing, developing and maintaining applications using .NET and SQL Server technologies. The position requires a track record of shipping outstanding products on time. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
DataMax, in business for over 20 years, is a global leader in multi-site retail management solutions. Our employees represent some of the brightest and most creative minds in the business. We are a company that inspires innovation and creativity, has a diverse employee base, and rewards achievement. Our products help the world's largest companies successfully manage their retail operations. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion for technology, customer commitment, and innovation.
Develop software for our Envoy Retail, Envoy Accounting and Envoy Cloud convenience store back office software suite of applications. This position is part of a global team which develops sophisticated software packages used to manage multi-site retail establishments. This engineer will be part of a team of people that are located in a number of different locations and will be expected to develop software as part of team effort.
This position designs, develops, modifies, debugs and evaluates programs for marketing, business intelligence, finance, POS, and communications for the retailing industry. It analyzes existing programs for change, formulates logic for new programs, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, performs coding and tests/debugs programs.
Candidates will be expected to be familiar with software design, implementation and testing. A thorough knowledge of the .NET framework and experience using C# is required along with an ability to work with MS SQL Server databases.
- This position requires 3+ years of experience developing multi- tiered applications using databases.
- Demonstrated use of MVC and IOC models a must.
- Winforms and Web applications.
- Strong C# skills.
- Strong MS SQL skills.
- Demonstrated prior use of Entity Spaces or similar tool.
- Strong experience with Team Foundation Server or equivalent.
- Previous experience with Requirements Management and Design Case Tools.
- General relational design skills.
- Ability to solve problems and re-engineer business processes to achieve efficiency.
- Experience with source code control management systems is required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Familiarity with accounting or merchandising software preferred.
- 4 year degree in computer science, or other appropriate discipline.
- Demonstrable experience with specific requirements herein may substitute for some education.
- 3 years documented experience as a software development engineer using C#, and MS SQL Server.
Conditions and location:
- Full time, located in Round Rock, Texas.
- No H1B1 applicants for this position, please.